Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Not The Same Without You"

So, on Tuesday I bought my first fine art piece. Despite my punctuation, this is a very exciting thing, but I'm trying to maintain the fact that this is actually a very serious event as well. It's the start of my fine art collection. Yes, that's right, this is the real deal people. It's the start of a long line of investments, for which I am very proud and excited! I've started small here with this $150 Kris Markovich deck painting, but I'll tell ya, I'm more stoked about this than any pair of boots, pretty necklaces, or fancy piece of clothing I may ever come across. I think a good work of art is something that has weight and longevity and holds continual inspiration. . . I hold no guilt then in making this purchase. Only excitement and gratitude. Check it out!

XXX- Kiss

PS: BIG thanks to Desiree at Swiv Tackle Circus in Oceanside for holding on to this piece for me, and being so helpful in selling it. And of course thank you to Kris Markovich for creating such amazing, amazing paintings, one of which will now and forever hang on my walls. . . wherever I may be. Cheers!

Swiv Tackle Circus Galleritique:

http://swivtacklecircus.com/

Kris Markovich Myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1637257

1 comment:

Amy and Carissa said...

I have yet to see this art piece arrive at our house and it's been over a month!