Thursday, July 10, 2008

So Long, Farewell. . .

So, Art History is over my friends. Well, this portion at least. I must say, my summer school experience has been MOST enjoyable. Though it went a little TOO fast, I really did learn a lot, and as cheezy as it sounds, I got a lot out of it. This class was oodles better than my last Art History class, and I'm so, so happy I was able to take it this summer. My only regret is that it wasn't longer-- and yes, I really mean that. So what if my teacher is gonna read this--I'm no cheat, this is the truth folks. A little sad to see summer school go, but completely content with what I've learned, and what I will come to know in the future. Super excited about having a break before fall semester, and going home to SD for a bit. I think the most intriguing thing about this class that I will say, is that I really feel like I was enlightened about a lot of the art I've seen over and over before, but really had no insight towards. I now feel like I look at art a different way. I've always been in appreciation of the subject, but never really had a hunger to find out its hidden meanings, agendas, truth's, motives, and originators. I'm configuring connections between the old and the new, and the few and far between. It's a philosophy applicable to most things in life. Always taking things at face value is no way to live, and I feel like I'm looking at a different side of life. What an amazing thing to now have. . . What a way to live.

xoxo

1 comment:

Amy and Carissa said...

Give us more! What's next for Kiss?!